There’s no substitute for God’s presence

Nothing sustains us except the power of the presence of God in our lives. Everything else we do is an aid:

- to help us know about Him,

- to help us get close 2 Him,

- to teach us how to seek Him,

- to help us worship Him, etc

Our gifts, talents, skills, ministries, friends, family cannot sustain us like the presence of God can. How hectically true must this have been for Moses when He said to God “unless your presence goes with us, do not send us from here.” having seen ALL the miracles?
Substitute

I imagine their praise & worship was on point, their bible school was thriving, they hardly missed a prayer time and the fruits of being a child of God were just there in abundance having been the generation that experienced God’s breakthrough from Egypt. Yet with all of that, Moses says His presence is more important..

I’m learning this first hand. I get caught in floating in the fruits of just being His child – enjoying worship, church, reading the bible, having a close spiritual family, etc (which is good!) until I suddenly I feel a bit… dry, and I’m like “hmm God, when last did I really seek to hear from you and be in Your presence?”

I mean the fruits are cool, they are there to be enjoyed and shared; my challenge is while I’m seeing the fruits to still wake up and seek His face because it’s not by my might or power but by the Spirit that I’m being transformed into His image. I’m trying not to wait till I’m spiritually bankrupt before I say “God I depend on you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment