1st God Test Testimony

On Friday I used the God test to someone I didn’t know for the first time as we did an outreach in Rondebosch.

The God test is simply 20 questions about God and faith that are geared to help us get into conversation with people when we evangelise - 10 for people who don’t believe in God completely and 10 for people who believe in God or a god. So I walked up to this gentleman and told him who I am and that we’re from His People Baxter just walking around Rondebosch telling people about God’s love for them.

God test

I then asked him if he believes in God to which he said yes. Then I showed him the God Test pamphlet and said: “check this out, this is something we developed our church to help you understand what you believe. It’s just 10 questions like the one I just asked you, would you like to try it out?” He said “yes” and I then asked him the God Test questions (which asked his thoughts on God, heaven, entry to heaven, etc.) and by the time we got to question 9 “Would you like to know what the bible says about these questions?” he was very interested to hear because the 8 previous questions helped him discover the inconsistencies in what he himself believed.

In answering question 9 I shared the gospel with him explaining salvation and lordship to which he said: “I want to receive Christ, what do we do now?” and I helped him accept Jesus as Lord and savior.

It’s such a privilege to partner with God as He reaches for His people, and the God Test really is a helpful tool in that by merely asking key questions and just listening to the person and hearing them out it can earn you the opportunity to share the gospel.  The God Test uses SALT: Start a conversation, Ask lots of questions, Listen carefully and Tell God’s story.

Outreach

“Every time anyone meets a person for the first time, in their heart they want to know ‘Is this person genuine? Is he really listening to me? Am I heard?” - Rice Broocks

More on the outreach here.

No comments:

Post a Comment